Membership of the Network is open to anyone, both individuals and organisations, with an interest in Scottish business archives and business history.
The Network aims to bring together members with a diverse range of interests and expertise to share knowledge and raise awareness of the importance of the continuing exploration and care of Scotland’s business heritage.
Members will include business, economic and social historians; professional archivists in public and private archives; unqualified personnel responsible for the archives businesses; local community groups involved in industrial heritage sites; product enthusiasts; museum curators; technologists; and industrial archaeologists. Founder members
A number of key institutions have agreed to become founder members as an expression of their support for the aims and objectives of the Network. They are:
- Business Archives Council of Scotland – an independent archive body concerned with the active preservation of the records of Scottish business and industry
- The Ballast Trust – a charitable foundation that provides a rescue, sorting and cataloguing service for business archives with an emphasis on technical records
- Centre for Business History in Scotland – Scotland’s only research unit in the discipline based at University of Glasgow
- Scottish Business Archive – over 400 collections of business archives brought together since 1959 and managed by University of Glasgow’s archive service
- Scottish Council on Archives – the lead boody on the advocacy and development of archive and records management services in Scotland
- National Records of Scotland – a non-
ministerial department of the Scottish Government which collects, preserves and produces information about Scotland’s people and history, making it available to inform current and future generations
- Historic Environment Scotland – the new lead public body for Scotland’s historic environment
Why join us?
Members will receive a regular email newsletter providing information about the latest developments in business history and business archives in Scotland.